Weddings & COVID-19.
Whilst we endeavour to keep this section as up-to-date as possible, changes to policy may occur, and as such please rely on information from Health NSW, the NSW Government & Service NSW where possible.
Last updated: 25/11/20
Oppy Entertainment is a COVID-19 safe registered business. We have been advised of the following from HEALTH NSW:
- House parties are permitted, but are limited to a maximum of 50 persons (this includes parents, children etc), but must have an OUTDOOR space (from 01/12/20). If no outdoor space is available, a limit of 30 guest applies.
- The maximum number of people who can attend a corporate event cannot exceed 300 people or one person per 4 square metres, whichever is the lesser.
- From December 1st, weddings (in function venues & on private properties) are limited to 300 people (not including contractors, performers etc), however strict social distancing, and the strict 4 square metre rule applies indoors and 2 square metre rule outdoors (wherever held) .
- If a function exceeds the maximum number of guests permitted, our performers have been instructed not to perform until the excess guests depart.
- All patrons of events must adhere to social distancing, and please, ensure ANYBODY showing signs of illness or respiratory problems, do not attend.
- No bands with wind instruments are permitted + our singers must have a space of 3 metres (minimum) between them & the closest audience member/guest. Our DJs must have at LEAST 1.5metres.
- If booking a band, each band member must have at least 1.5m of space between them.
- Dancing is permitted to occur once again with a maximum of up to 20 people in the official wedding party permitted on the dancefloor at any one time (only these 20 people can be on the dance floor at any one time with no rotation of different people is permitted) . Our performers will remind guests of this, if more than 20 permitted people, or if guests who are not members of the official wedding start dancing. If guests fail to return to their seats (they must return to to their seats, as guests must be seated at all times), then then music level will be lowered until guests comply.
- YOU must have in place a person assigned to record the names and contact details of every guest & staff member at your wedding (including telephone numbers). This must be made available to us (if we request it) after the event.
- Please ensure you complete your COVID-19 Safety Plan for wedding ceremonies & receptions. Please forward us a completed copy of your safety plan PRIOR to your wedding date.
Please ensure NSW regulations are adhered to, as fines from $5000.00+ do apply per breach (per excess guest etc), and local police HAVE been checking events in the area.